EcoSoya® CB-XceLtm is 100% soy and molecularly blueprinted to control polymorphism. It has extreme resistance to bloom (white frosting) and “wet spots,” while producing an excellent scent throw with fragrances. It maintains an even burn pool with consistent color retention.
The below process is a very quick way of finding suitable wicks for your candles. We recommend you conduct a slab test for every different blend of wax and oil that you intent to use, before making any candles :)
1. Mix the wax and your chosen oil at the required loading (typically 7-10% fragrance)
2. Pour the mixture into a large baking tray and allow to cool fully
3. Remelt the surface so that it is flat and allow to settle for at least 24 hours
4. Poke holes at ~10cm intervals using a skewer, screwdriver or similar
5. Insert various wicks that you think may be suitable (we recommend trying as many as possible)
6. Trim and light wicks in a draft free room
7. Allow to burn for 3-4 hours, observing for clubbing, excessive smoke or flame height and wick posture
8. Extinguish wicks, allow to cool and record diameter of melt pools for each wick, along with any observations on posture/clubbing/flame height
9. Remove wicks and any residue from wax, then remelt surface and repeat steps 4-8 as required (you may need pliers to remove the wicks)
10. Once complete, the wax can be used to make candles of various sizes and conduct confirmatory container tests.
If done correctly, a slab test will provide you with a long list of wick options that will allow you to wick almost any size of container.
Slab testing will help you to identify candidate wicks for your candles, but you will still need to conduct tests in the actual container you intend on using. We call this container-specific burn testing.
We recommend that container specific burn testing be conducted in accordance with the following standards before putting candles up for sale...
EN 15493:2007 – 'Candles – specification for fire safety'
You may also wish to apply safety labels as outlined in the following standard...
These standards are available for purchase from The British Standards Institute and other bodies within Europe.
Posted by Unknown on 3rd Oct 2015
This is the best wax I've discovered. Takes fragrance well, beautiful creamy appearance. Only thing that let's it down a little is its adhesion to the glass. I've got over this by using white glasses do not so apparent. Definitely my favourite wax to work with.
Posted by Lubylu on 16th Jun 2015
The wax is the same as I get from other suppliers but what makes me much more likely to buy from Candle Shack again is the service.
So quick, efficient yet personal.
Posted by Karena on 9th Mar 2015
As a newbie to Candle making I have researched most soy wax and I have this to be what im looking for.
Posted by julie pearson on 3rd Sep 2014
Brilliant value for the money
Posted by Sarah on 19th Mar 2014
CB XCEL I have to say is the best and loveliest wax I've worked with I just love it . It blends with fragrances amazingly and holds the scent even when it is cold. what an amazing product.